Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Do you need help or have you come across something you think others may find useful?

TOPIC: Retrieving deleted photos from an SD card

Retrieving deleted photos from an SD card 11 Sep 2018 15:53 #5168

I thought I should post this tip in case it helps anyone else out who has accidentally deleted or lost photos from an SD card. Until my recent experience I thought they were gone forever, but NO!

During my recent trip to Colombia my camera was stolen, with an SD card inside. This card had ALL of my photos so far from the trip (4 weeks worth), which I had not yet downloaded or backed up (Lesson 1: Back up frequently). My camera was eventually recovered from a second hand store, with SD card inside that had been completely wiped.

I wondered if there may be some way to retrieve the photos so went online, and found this piece of data recovery software called EASEUS. I used it to scan the card and managed to retrieve most of the photos (only about 20 were corrupted). You can download a trial version and use it for free to see if anything can be found, then you need to purchase the software to actually recover the photos. (It was about $100). It will only work if you have not started to use the card again, as this permanently deletes the "hidden" photos.

I was very amazed and relieved to recover my photos, so hope this helps someone else!
www.easeus.com/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heather, Bear, JillH, MikeB, Chris dB, Richard H

Retrieving deleted photos from an SD card 13 Sep 2018 21:32 #5179

• JillH
great tip for everyone Lisa. Can I copy this to the PGoB facebook page? Thanks.

Retrieving deleted photos from an SD card 14 Sep 2018 11:43 #5180

Sure Jill, that's fine to put it on FB. Lisa
The following user(s) said Thank You: JillH
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds