Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Do you need help or have you come across something you think others may find useful?

TOPIC: Topic suggestions CLOSED

Topic suggestions CLOSED 15 Jun 2016 16:00 #2697

Hi everyone

I know we are only half way through 2016 but we need to start putting up ideas for topics members would like to see included in 2017s Exhibition Schedule. Ideas from members are a great way to get diversity and imagination into the topics for the projected and printed topics.

To keep the suggestions as a single list, please copy the list from the previous post into your reply and then add your idea to the bottom.

1. Geometry patterns created by Natural light.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyp, MikeB, Joy Baker, Chris dB, lisaoneill, Debbie

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 18 Jun 2016 19:19 #2708

To keep the suggestions as a single list, please copy the list from the previous post into your reply and then add your idea to the bottom.

2. Arty/Professional Food photography (dinners, desert, fruit?)
3. Perspective (laying on ground looking up, or being above the subject looking down)
4. Creative Self Portrait (teaches us to use timers etc on our camera & be creative with the look we are after) ideas: www.viewbug.com/contests/creative-self-p...hoto-contest/gallery
5. Soft (a image that looks and feels soft to the eye) ideas: www.viewbug.com/contests/soft-photo-contest/gallery
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 20 Jun 2016 02:16 #2709

3. Perspective (laying on ground looking up, or being above the subject looking down)
4. Creative Self Portrait (teaches us to use timers etc on our camera & be creative with the look we are after) ideas: www.viewbug.com/contests/creative-self-p...hoto-contest/gallery
5. Soft (a image that looks and feels soft to the eye) ideas: www.viewbug.com/contests/soft-photo-contest/gallery
6. Glass
7. Breaking the rules (when not following the rules adds interest or impact)

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 20 Jun 2016 17:15 #2711

• Bear
Here are my suggestions, added to the list.
6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
10. Patriotic
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 24 Jun 2016 17:26 #2723

6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
10. Patriotic (On a similar idea - "I am, You are, We are Australian... with the thought of maybe having it in May so that we have opportunities from Australia Day and ANZAC day)
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur
14. Moonshot (where the moon is in the frame)
15. Side lighting - adding definition, depth and character through the use of side lighting
16. Abstract nature (playing with colour. light, shadows, textures and shapes)
17. Smart phone photography [maybe not for points but as an extra one month and posted on an instagram site #PGOB(date)]

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 28 Jun 2016 19:24 #2725

I think the schedule should always include a few topics that are technique related - this that help you learn or improve your camera craft (thinking of new members particularly).

6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
10. Patriotic (On a similar idea - "I am, You are, We are Australian... with the thought of maybe having it in May so that we have opportunities from Australia Day and ANZAC day)
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur
15. Side lighting - adding definition, depth and character through the use of side lighting
17. Smart phone photography [maybe not for points but as an extra one month and posted on an instagram site #PGOB(date)]
18. An image taken outdoors using a shallow depth of field (i.e. wide aperture). The resulting image should show the subject should in focus, but the background out of focus.
19. An image featuring a body of water (sea, lake, river, waterfall etc) taken with an aperture of F11, and an ISO200 - you can choose shutter speed. (Projected)
20. People on the move - the image must convey the action of movement (a fast shutter speed with freeze the movement, a slow will blur the movement) (suggest Mono)
Denise Aitken
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 01 Jul 2016 19:25 #2732

I think the schedule should always include a few topics that are technique related - this that help you learn or improve your camera craft (thinking of new members particularly).

6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur
18. An image taken outdoors using a shallow depth of field (i.e. wide aperture). The resulting image should show the subject should in focus, but the background out of focus.
19. An image featuring a body of water (sea, lake, river, waterfall etc) taken with an aperture of F11, and an ISO200 - you can choose shutter speed. (Projected)
20. People on the move - the image must convey the action of movement (a fast shutter speed with freeze the movement, a slow will blur the movement) (suggest Mono)
Denise Aitken
21. Bubbles!

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 01 Jul 2016 20:05 #2733

From the discussion group before the club night yesterday, Ashley suggested I post the idea I had of having a theme where its film camera prints. This may be a little hard (and costly) so perhaps straight out of camera (SOOC) only and shooting with a set ISO. So no post-production. I'll add it as 22. SOOC.

6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur
21. Bubbles!
22. SOOC
23. Macro or close-up
24. product placement (commercial ad style)
25. inspired by Leah - creative / illustrative

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 03 Jul 2016 15:12 #2735

Good ideas Jodie. Expand on your thoughts in the list as it makes it easier for committee to meet objectives when reviewing suggestions at the end. Put a thinking cap on as to what you really want, for example you may need to specify the ISO (if so, be mindful that some cameras like the micro 4/3rds may have a minimum 200 ISO). Perhaps specifying a High ISO is unusual and may result in an old grainy film look, perhaps mono will show it. I think most camera will produce jpeg in B&W/Mono. Have a think and add your thoughts.

Product photography may lend itself to having WORDS added to the image or the frame - you can do it in both PS and LR. That would add a learning element for some members.

Have a think and add your thoughts.

6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur
21. Bubbles!
22. SOOC - "Straight out of Camera"
23. Macro or close-up
Denise Aitken
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyp, MikeB, Chris dB

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 05 Jul 2016 14:45 #2744

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
6. Glass
8. Mono Abstract
9. Darkest Street
11. People In Nature
12. Things We Want
13. Beautiful Blur
21. Bubbles!
22. SOOC - "Straight out of Camera"
23. Macro or close-up
26. Any subject shot using artificial light to show light and shadow on the subject (Mono)
Cheers Chris

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 30 Jul 2016 08:50 #2778

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
Alyson, last I heard the Wagin Topic is "The End"
Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Alyson

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 04 Aug 2016 07:05 #2790

Thanks Chris.

2017 Exhibition Topic Suggestions 15 Aug 2016 15:26 #2833

i know it is closed but I have one more suggestion that I saw on the DPS site, just in case you needed more!!

Long and winding road.
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds