Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Do you need help or have you come across something you think others may find useful?

TOPIC: Wildflower Shoot

Wildflower Shoot 11 Sep 2016 22:42 #2910

Hi, just wondering when this wildflower shoot is going to happen. I was at a loose end this weekend so went up to Johnston Rd for a look and there is already a pretty good showing of wildflowers and orchids. I am sure from the number of spikes coming up that there are plenty more to come and some of those will hopefully be spider orchids but there is quite a bit already out. I have never seen so many red beak orchids in my life. There are plenty of donkey orchids, pink fairies, rabbit orchids, cowslip orchids and a few spider orchids. I think it is worth going soon even if some members choose to go again later. I look forward to hearing a date and a plan.
Cheers,
Heather
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyp, Chris dB

Wildflower Shoot 12 Sep 2016 18:13 #2913

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
I'll be up that way with family this weekend, where abouts on Johnston Rd Heather? Anywhere in particular? I'm not much of an orchid person but I'm sure the family would like to see them.
Cheers Chris

Wildflower Shoot 13 Sep 2016 07:56 #2918

I to was wondering that- had a look on google & wondered if it was this road from Yaloop across to Preston Beach ? the bush area I imagine would be perfect for orchids...
www.google.com.au/#q=johnston+road+preston+yarloop+

Wildflower Shoot 13 Sep 2016 12:28 #2920

• MikeB
Hi everyone, will confirm a date tomorrow after committee meeting tonight & post onto our sites - go to our web page as I've posted up some a collage of images taken last week (not Johnstone Rd but not far away!). The date has been somewhat transient as I wanted it to be a good experience for everyone with orchids & wildflowers, no point going to look at flower spikes!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyp

Wildflower Shoot 13 Sep 2016 20:14 #2922

Yes Wendy it is the road through to Yarloop and you start finding orchids as soon as you turn off the Forrest Highway, both sides of the road. Chris I think the family will find orchids really easily. The main challenge is not to tread on them. You see one and then you realise you are standing in a group of half a dozen or more!! Particulalry the red beaks. I am looking forward to another visit. I love finding the orchids and photographing them, but don't really know what to do with the images. Not necessarily things i want on my wall.

Wildflower Shoot 14 Sep 2016 00:49 #2925

Sorry Mike, am I missing the obvious? Where on our web page have you posted the collage of images taken last week?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

Wildflower Shoot 14 Sep 2016 08:31 #2926

• MikeB
Hi Heather, sorry our flickr page.

Wildflower Shoot 14 Sep 2016 17:56 #2930

Thanks Mike, I found it!

Wildflower Shoot 23 Sep 2016 20:01 #2968

• JillH
thanks for this info, I will have to check it out

Wildflower Shoot 02 Oct 2016 16:34 #3008

• JillH
We went out there this afternoon. The wildflowers were fabulous. The leak orchids are starting to flower.
We've just got back from a couple of days over at Dryandra. I saw a number of wildflowers I had never seen before. Always very happy to add new ones to my collection.
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds