Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Photography Group of Bunbury forum!

Although some of us know each, we have lots of new members who don't and as this forum is a new addition to our website we are all new to it.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you joined the club, the camera or cameras you use, what you use for post processing and what sort of photos you like to take.Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: Hi From Natalie

Hi From Natalie 08 Feb 2016 09:03 #2247

Hi my name is Natalie & i have just become a member.

I joined this group to learn more about photography so i can improve & learn more skills.
I enjoy taking portraits, engagement, children birthdays & the occasional wedding for friends, i really try to let my photos tell the story by getting natural candid photos.
I recently upgraded my camera from Cannon 70d to the cannon 5d iii which i love. I am still getting used to using this & learning how to use all the features.
I have a speedlight to use with it however I'm not sure how to use it properly. I am hoping i can get some info from someone or if there is someone that can teach me how to use it?
I recently got photoshop & Lightroom which i am also trying to teach myself how to use!
I have booked my place in the photoshop workshop in Dunsborough in April which i am looking forward to.
I look forward to the month photo challenges as there are some styles i don't know how to do & sure i will learn from help from the club!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB, lisaoneill, APearce, Marilyn

Hi From Natalie 08 Feb 2016 12:24 #2249

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
Welcome Natalie, happy to help out wherever I can. I too, have the 5D, speed lights and use PS & Lightroom CC

Chris
Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natalie P

Hi From Natalie 08 Feb 2016 13:36 #2252

• MikeB
ditto on Chris' comments

Hi From Natalie 08 Feb 2016 19:10 #2253

Thankyou

Hi From Natalie 09 Feb 2016 06:34 #2255

Hi Natalie

Welcome to the group, sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to achieve. There are plenty of people around who will be able to help you, you just have to have the confidence to ask.

I can help you with Lightroom, just ask, but I am not the person who will be able to help you with anything portraiture related, it's just not my thing. (But it is for lots of others)

Participating in the club night exhibitions is one of the best ways to learn, especially if you challenge yourself to shoot new images rather than grabbing something you have shot in the past. You will improve both your camera craft and your post processing skills, by tackling new projects.

I look forward to getting to know you and looking at your images

By the way I am going to the Aaron Dowling workshops and have a seat in my car if you would like to come along with me (and the others), There is a post about the workshop, just add your name to the list if you want a lift. Great benefit of going with others as you can talk about it on the way home and sometimes someone has picked u on something you may have missed and vice versa.
Denise Aitken

Hi From Natalie 10 Feb 2016 08:57 #2256

Hi Denise,

Not sure if i will need a lift to dunsborough yet as I'm thinking of staying for the weekend, if i decide not to stay i will get a lift if a spot is still available!
i will ket you know thank you.
I look forward to learning some new styles of photography.

Hi From Natalie 11 Feb 2016 13:37 #2258

HI Natalie.. I am also a 5dmk3 user but also use Mirrorless. I also have some experience in off camera flash techniques. Off camera flash is actually quite easy, you just have to have basic gear and some basic knowledge to change the look of an image completely.

Some of these images I have put up to my Facebook Page:

Ashley Pearce Images
www.facebook.com/AshleyPearceImages/

At the next meeting please come and introduce yourself.

Hi From Natalie 11 Feb 2016 22:37 #2260

Welcome Natalie, I hope you enjoy being a member of the club as much as I have. It has been the most enjoyable and interesting activity I have been involved in since I moved to Bunbury back in 1990!

Hi From Natalie 13 Feb 2016 17:54 #2263

• Lyn
Welcome Natalie.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your images across the monthly exhibitions.

Photography/post processing is a steep learning curve but an enjoyable one - welcome to the Club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natalie P

Hi From Natalie 15 Feb 2016 09:03 #2265

Hi Ashley,

I looked at some of your images which are great! I will introduce myself at the next club meeting.

Nat
The following user(s) said Thank You: APearce
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds