Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Photography Group of Bunbury forum!

Although some of us know each, we have lots of new members who don't and as this forum is a new addition to our website we are all new to it.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you joined the club, the camera or cameras you use, what you use for post processing and what sort of photos you like to take.Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: Hi From Tammy

Hi From Tammy 22 Feb 2016 10:17 #2279

Hi I'm Tammy and I've also just become a member.

I have just moved back to Bunbury after living away for some time and I was very excited to be able to joint this club. I hope to make some great friends with like minded enthusiasts, gain some knowledge and skills, receive constructive feedback so that I can improve and have a social outlet from being a Mum with kids.

I have a Canon 650D which my hubby bought me a couple of years ago now. I have the kit lens that came with it, a Canon 50mm 1.4 and a Tamron 10-24mm wide angle lens.I am looking to upgrade my camera body as soon as I can and I also really want a Canon 70-200mm 1.8 lens. I use lightroom to edit my photos and I have dowloaded some presets which I like to use to give my photos a different look. I really love the matte look with portraits and I use this a lot. I haven't yet used photoshop as I find it a bit daunting but I hope to learn more about it in the future.

I have a great passion for photos and the story they convey. I love feeling emotions from looking at a photo. My love is portrait photography. I have been practising with my camera for a couple of years now and only about 6 months ago been using it in full manual mode. I still have so much to learn in every aspect, but I find that thrilling and challenging!! I have been practising taking photos on my 2 little girls, my family and my friends for some time now and the requests became so much that I have started Ella Joy Photography. I still think of it as a hobby and only take on very small requests, but I would like to grow this very slowly into the future to give me something to do that I love while my girls are in school. I have done quite a few family portrait sessions now, a couple of weddings, some maternity and babies.

I look forward to the monthly meetings to gain some valuable feedback and I can't wait to see everyone's work for inspiration and learning. Thanks for listening and I'll see you all soon.

Tammy
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyp, Heather, Lyn, MikeB, Chris dB, APearce

Hi From Tammy 22 Feb 2016 14:07 #2281

• Lyn
Welcome to the Club Tammy. Thank you for providing such a lot of information about yourself and your aspirations. I am sure your involvement in the Club activities will give you the opportunity to expand your photography skills and you may even find another style which you enjoy as well as your portraiture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tammy W

Hi From Tammy 22 Feb 2016 19:48 #2285

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
Welcome Tammy, you have some lovely images on your Facebook page, I look forward to meeting you on club night.

Chris
Cheers Chris

Hi From Tammy 25 Feb 2016 17:58 #2300

Hi and Welcome Tammy

There's lots to learn from being a member of the club and the great thing about it is you know you've always got something you can chat about and there is always someone to ask if you need help or if you want to get out and about.

Photography is a great hobby as you don't outgrow it - you just keep growing and learning. The important thing to remember is that if you do have questions or need help, just ask, either at club night, on the forum or better still pick up a phone.

I look forward to getting to know you and to seeing your images
Denise Aitken

Hi From Tammy 25 Feb 2016 22:50 #2301

• JillH
great to meet up with again tonight Tammy. I hope you enjoy the club. You have some gorgeous photos on your Facebook page.

Hi From Tammy 03 Mar 2016 00:40 #2314

Welcome Tammy,
Great to hear we have someone who loves portraits. Not a strength of mine but I am keen to learn. My problem is I seem to lack willing subjects! Look forward to your contributions.
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds