Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Photography Group of Bunbury forum!

Although some of us know each, we have lots of new members who don't and as this forum is a new addition to our website we are all new to it.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you joined the club, the camera or cameras you use, what you use for post processing and what sort of photos you like to take.Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: Hello from Bruce

Hello from Bruce 05 Dec 2016 20:56 #3255

Having now attended a few meetings and events during the latter half of this year I have already had the pleasure of meeting a few PGoB members. However, I felt that I should still do a formal (but brief introduction).

My photography started as a high school student and my first camera (bought second hand for $50 in 1979) was a Canon Canonet 35mm Rangefinder which I still have (although sadly it needs repairs). During the ensuing years several film SLRs' followed and eventually the first DSLR in 2006.

Most of my photography to date has been travel / family related with the odd sunset / sunrise. Until recently the DSLR has been used predominantly on Auto (which is very slack, I know).

Having seen the fantastic images that have been displayed at the club nights and listened to the judges, I am now looking forward to the challenge of photography as an art form!

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. See you in 2017.

Regards, Bruce Walker
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, MikeB, Chris dB, Tammy W

Hello from Bruce 05 Dec 2016 21:07 #3256

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
Thanks Bruce, it's always nice to hear a little of people's photography backgrounds. Club nights never seem to be long enough for me to chat.
Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceW

Hello from Bruce 06 Dec 2016 10:07 #3260

• Bear
Great to hear form you Bruce, look forward to seeing your images and enjoying your company at the club and outings.
All the best for Christmas and the New Year.
Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceW

Hello from Bruce 06 Dec 2016 10:41 #3262

Welcome to the club. It is nice to know a little background about you. When you decide to move away off auto it wont be that hard as all those thing you learnt back will come back for sure.

Post processing in the digital world, that will be different. I recommend you invest in Lightroom as there are plenty of us who can help.

Don't hesitate to pick up the phone and call me if you need help - 0408 882 174
Denise Aitken

Hello from Bruce 06 Dec 2016 15:57 #3264

Welcome Bruce,
Nice to have you on board. I look forward to seeing your images. I hope you are excited by our draft 2017 schedule and start shooting for these topics.
Cheers,
Heather

Hello from Bruce 06 Dec 2016 22:46 #3267

Thanks for the welcome everyone and your offer Denise,

and Heather, I was so excited by the 2017 topics that I managed to leave the list on the table at the Sanctuary! Looking forward to the official list being published...
The following user(s) said Thank You: APearce

Hello from Bruce 07 Dec 2016 16:05 #3269

• Bear
Bruce,
the list was reviewed and finalised last night.
Alyson should publish it sometime soon.
Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josie M, BruceW

Hello from Bruce 07 Dec 2016 16:57 #3272

Hi Bruce
Welcome to the club though we have talked occasionally.

Yes I am putting the final touches on the 2017 Topic Schedule and it will be posted on the web once I have put it into a trifold format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josie M, BruceW
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds