Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Do you need help or have you come across something you think others may find useful?

TOPIC: Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!?

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 17 Dec 2015 12:16 #2110

Hi all.
After seeing some of your awesome 52x2 Project books this year, I was thinking of challenging myself to give it a try starting 1 January 2016 so I can make myself record some milestones that are happening this year.
I am using a Canon 650D and Edit In the latest Photoshop Camera RAW mostly and still learning Photoshop (we have Lightroom but never really used it) so just after any suggestions or tips for weekly storing to make the project easier etc.
All feedback and suggestions welcome!
Anyone want to do it with me too would be great encouragement !
Cheers
Lisa :)

www.wapf.org.au/WAPF/52_x_2_Project.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 17 Dec 2015 12:23 #2111

• MikeB
Hi Lisa, Joy & I are thinking seriously of committing to this also - will finalise in the next couple of days. The only tip which others have told me is to upload each week & keep a good record.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB, lisaoneill, APearce

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 18 Dec 2015 08:50 #2114

Use Lightroom Lisa and commence a "Collection" easiest way to catalogue all your images Keyword Projects, jobs. Especially if a client comes back later on and says oh can I look at that photo etc.

I never used to catalogue but after one of Nick Rains' workshops...I saw the light.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB, lisaoneill

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 18 Dec 2015 14:25 #2116

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
I'm all for Lightroom too Lisa, as you already know. Would be happy to come over and get you started if you decide to go down that track.
Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisaoneill

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 18 Dec 2015 17:43 #2118

Oh Chris!! That would be amazing! Thank you. Let me know if there is some dates that suit. I could even come to u if easier. I leave for NZ 7 Jan back 19 Jan so free now or anytime after i return.
Cheers heaps!

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 19 Dec 2015 10:07 #2119

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
I'll PM you Lisa
Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisaoneill

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 20 Dec 2015 20:58 #2120

Well I used Lighrtoom in the 'Book Model' - advantages I found are:
1. you can directly export your book from Lightroom to Blurb
2. you can drag your pics in & out of a 'collection' as mentioned by Ash....
3. Essential to code your pics eg a particular colour and or flag so that there is NO WAY you can inadvertently delete form the original Lightroom file like I did !!!
Wish I had done that from day one.
4. I STRONGLY recommend adding your pics very frequently- they can always re edited as you progressively learn more techniques
I'm happy to email you a copy of how I worked my ' years work sheet out' .. if any help

I had used Blurb prior to Lighrtoom days & still found their program easy to use.. Most of all it was a fabulous way to 'diarize' our life for 12 month's!
Get started !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, lisaoneill, APearce

Keen on trying the 52x2 for 2016 - any tips pls!? 26 Dec 2015 17:35 #2130

Hi Lisa

I am all for all of the Lightroom tips that have already been shared. As you will be new to LR, setting a colour label around your selected images is a really good thing (I do not regularly use star or colour labels so there was no way I could inadvertendly delete an image in a tidy up of excess files. After I finished my 52x2, I removed the colour labels from the images, but that is just my personal preference).

The big tip that I will pass on that may help with easily identifying images when dates are important is in making sure you have Library view set to EXPANDED cells and that "CAPTURE DATE/TIME" is one of the Header labels you have shown.

The LR default is COMPACT cells - so when you look at the grid view you get big numbers around the cells or something like that. To change the setting to EXPANDED cells take the following steps.
1. Have the LIBRARY interface open
2. Hit the 'G' key on the keyboard - G = GRID view
3. From the Lightroom Menu bar at the top, go to VIEW and from the dropdown list select VIEW OPTION (or on a mac use Cmd J or PC Ctr J)
4. See the screen shot for my set up

ScreenShot2015-12-26at5.27.38PM.png
Denise Aitken
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heather, Lyn, MikeB, Chris dB, lisaoneill
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds