Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 16 Jan 2019 11:51 #5464

File Attachment:

File Name: BunburyCityClassicPhotography2019-SummaryInfo.docx
File Size: 15 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Bunbury-City-Classic-Participant-Overview-Final-2019_2019-01-15.pdf
File Size: 1,005 KB

Hi all,

The Bunbury Triathlon Club is organising a major triathlon event in Bunbury – The Bunbury City Classic Standard Distance Triathlon.

DATE: Sunday 17th February 2019
TIME: 7:00am – 11am

I had been asked to do the Photography for this event, as I have done club events and other local triathlons over the last year. However, this event is too big for one person and a good opportunity for a club outing and fundraiser, so I am looking to put together a team of PGOB members to cover the event. This has been approved by the Bunbury Triathlon Club. This is not a paid job, however the photos we take will be available for sale on-line to participants, and the PGOB Committee has agreed that any money we make will used to fund our End of Year Exhibition and Function.

About the Event
This event is the State Standard Distance Triathlon Championship and is also a qualifying race for the 2019 ITU World Championships. There is expected to be around 500 competitors. This event will also be part of the Dolphin Discovery Centre’s official opening weekend festivities. It will include 3 different race distances all with a swim in Koombana Bay, followed by a cycle along Ocean Drive, and run around Leschenault Inlet and to the Lighthouse. There will be fantastic opportunities for action and sports shots including fast shutter speed and panning with great backgrounds. If you have ever wanted to have a go at Sports Photography this is the opportunity!

For more detailed information about the actual event, including course maps I have attached the Participant Guide for the race. Information can also be found on the Bunbury Triathlon Club Facebook Page and website.
www.bunburytriclub.com/events/bunbury-classics/
www.facebook.com/events/2245396392198460/

The Photos
The website I have used in the past to organise, upload and sell Triathlon photos is Geosnapshot which is a purpose-built platform for selling event photos. This website ensures that copyright of the photos remains with the photographer. It also has some fantastic photographer tip videos on camera settings and shooting for sporting events.
geophotographer.com/taking-photos-that-sell/

The type of photos required are mainly individual participant photos for each of the swim, bike and run legs, as well as finish line shots, presentations and general event shots. Photos are required in FINE JPEG format with little or no processing expected. Photos will be required for uploading within a few days of the event.
I have included a link to the Bunbury Sufferfest Triathlon event that I covered last year for an idea on what photos are required, also Club event album links.
www.geosnapshot.com/e/bunbury-wa-sufferfest-2018
photos.app.goo.gl/p06hbxBZfPwtkxFE3
photos.app.goo.gl/zVyYq49XDmgSHciG2
photos.app.goo.gl/4cwHvR2u8NoBzUaa7
photos.app.goo.gl/jUpu4y4bMmH4BG6f6
photos.app.goo.gl/3yr9Lmk29owKdmuS6
photos.app.goo.gl/rz7HQi4XvY9kRv4HA

If you are interested in photographing this event, please let me know ASAP by adding your name to the list below. It doesn’t have to be for the whole duration of the event either. Depending on numbers and time availabilities we will work out course locations for each photographer. It would be good to have someone at the swim start and exits, along the bike course, on the run course, at the finish line, and for the presentations. We will be given orange volunteer vests to wear during the event.

BUNBURY CITY CLASSIC TRIATHLON 2019 - Photographers
Lisa Hubbard
Richard Hall
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise, Bear, JillH, MikeB, Chris dB, Jodie D

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 29 Jan 2019 16:39 #5504

• JillH
Hi Lisa,
yes I can help for a couple of hours, but I don't want to be there for the whole time as I don't do heat and sun well :)
cheers
Jill
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisa_hubbard

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 29 Jan 2019 22:23 #5508

Hi Lisa
I will be away that week so can’t attend. I hope it all goes well.
Cheers, Bruce

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 30 Jan 2019 16:53 #5509

Thanks so much Jill

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 30 Jan 2019 16:56 #5510

Thanks to Richard Hall and Jill Harrison who will be joining me on this photoshoot. It would be good to get some more PGOB members along, remember we are aiming to raise funds for our end of year exhibition, so please let me know ASAP if you can make it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, Chris dB, Richard H

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 31 Jan 2019 15:02 #5511

• Chris dB
  • aka Chris de Blank
sorry no can do
Cheers Chris

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 07 Feb 2019 17:50 #5531

I will try attend for a few hours

thanks for organising

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 08 Feb 2019 10:21 #5535

Thanks Jodie

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 08 Feb 2019 14:22 #5538

Hi Lisa I would like to attend the triathlon on Sunday the 17th Lina Coe 474 :)

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 11 Feb 2019 09:29 #5547

Thanks so much Lina, that is fantastic. I'm not sure if I have met you, have you joined PGOB recently?

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 11 Feb 2019 09:59 #5548

Hi all,

Thank you to the PGOB members that have indicated they will join me at the Bunbury City Classic Triathlon next Sunday:
Richard Hall
Jill Harrison
Jodie Deely
Lina Coe

I appreciate your support!

Firstly, can I please get you to register as a volunteer for the event. This is so the Triathlon Club knows how many of us will be out there taking photos and who we are. The attached document has instructions on how to do this. Please let me know once you have completed this.

Secondly, please let me know if you wish to attend the whole event, or just part of the event. The event starts very early, so I don't expect everyone will want to be there at the start!! Participants will start arriving at 5:30am, with the first event starting at 7am (Enticer Distance), then 7:10am (Standard Distance) and 7:15am (Duathlon). You are free to go to a spot along the cycle or run course to take photos without coming to Koombana Bay and the transition area if this suits. Once everyone has indicated their preference I will just make sure we are covering each of the 3 legs of swim, cycle, run sufficiently.

Please note that road closures will be in place from 6:30am to 11am. That means you cannot get in or out of Koombana Bay carparks during this time. You can however park near BREC or in the carparks near the silos and walk over.

The Bunbury Triathlon Club would like us to wear orange volunteer vests. These can be picked up at the registration desk on the morning of the triathlon. Alternatively if you are planning to be on course and not come to transition beforehand, please let me know I will arrange to get a vest to you on Saturday.

That's probably enough for now, I will e-mail again in a couple of days. Please contact me if you have any specific questions at this stage.

Regards,
Lisa
Attachments:

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 11 Feb 2019 18:21 #5553

all done Lisa, I have a yellow vest of my own with "Event Photographer" printed on the back if that is ok

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 12 Feb 2019 09:48 #5557

The Event Photographer vest should be fine Richard. See you tonight at the Committee Meeting.
Lisa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard H

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 12 Feb 2019 16:04 #5561

Hi Lisa, can you include me on the list too, please?

Russell

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 12 Feb 2019 20:49 #5564

I have registered thanks Lisa

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 13 Feb 2019 14:52 #5567

Thanks to all who have indicated they will join me for the Triathlon Photoshoot this Sunday. Thanks also to Richard and Jodie for registering as volunteers for the event already. Can I please get the rest of you to register as soon as you get a chance, instructions are further up in this thread. Thanks, Lisa

Bunbury City Classic Photographers
Lisa Hubbard - registered
Richard Hall - registered
Jodie Deely - registered
Jill Harrison
Lina Coe
Russell Smith

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 13 Feb 2019 21:04 #5569

Yes I just joined. I moved this way about 2 years ago, I used to be a member of the Workshop Camera Club Riverton for about 4 years. really looking forward to the new challenges!

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 14 Feb 2019 09:05 #5570

• JillH
Hi Lisa, I have registered. I will need to be able to pick up a volunteer vest from you On Saturday arvo if possible.
I am happy to do the bike leg.
Jill

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 14 Feb 2019 13:33 #5572

Hi Lisa, I have also registered just now and would like to do the bike leg also possibly at the Ocean Drive roundabout for 2-3 hours starting at 7.00am. I could meet you there for a vest if this is suitable.

Triathlon Photoshoot and Fundraiser 15 Feb 2019 15:25 #5575

Hi all,
Thanks to everyone who has registered on-line as a volunteer with the Bunbury Triathlon Club for the event this Sunday.
Lina - can I just get you to register if you haven't already.

You will need to pick up a volunteer vest and sign on as attending the event as a volunteer on Sunday morning. Both of these can be done at the registration desk on the morning of the event.
Alternatively, you can pick up a vest on Saturday afternoon between 4:30-6:30pm at Koombana at the registration desk (and check out the set-up of the race).
To register your attendance at the event on Sunday (if not going to Koombana- possibly Jill and Russell) you can text Caroline Cousins, the BTC President when you arrive on course and when you leave (mb 0418954478)

Photo Locations: Based on the comments I got about timing/preferences I have allocated you all spots during the event (see attached document). I have tried to change people around so you see a variety of aspects of the race (except for Jill and Russell who indicated they would like to do the cycling). Please let me know if you have a problem with any photo spot allocations/timing. I have everyone finishing at 10:30am, but I realise some of you may want to leave earlier, which is fine as we have 4 people for the end of runners/finish line at that point.

Photo Format The photos need to be JPEGs between 2-4 MB for uploading. I usually shoot using FINE JPEG format, then export photos with a maximum size of 4MB once finished selecting/editing. Very little editing is expected, only cropping and lightening if necessary. I have created an event album on Geosnapshot and will circulate instructions for uploading photos soon after the event.

Camera Settings: I am certainly no expert, but to those who have asked I usually shoot on Manual mode, shutter speed 1/1250 and aperture 4.5 and auto ISO. I also use multiple shutter release sometimes so I don't miss people (takes longer when selecting photos after the event though). Also centre weighted light metering and AF-C (or autofocus continuous for moving subjects). I got this from watching the training videos on Geosnapshot!

Types of photos Group photos of the starts (swim and run). Individual photos of each swimmer exting the water, cycling and running (full length or 3/4 shots). Finish line shots and shots with family/friends/medals at finish Line. Before race and transition photos. There are links to previous event albums earlier in this thread to check out.

My contact is Lisa Hubbard 0421 210 425. Message/call me if you have any further questions, otherwise see you on Sunday. I will be there from about 6am as my partner is racing.

Lisa
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JillH, MikeB
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds