× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

Dryandara Weekend 12/13 September 2020

More
26 Jan 2020 20:44 #6736 by JohnF
The Wandaroo and Wallaby cottages have been booked at the Lions Dryandara wildlife village for the weekend 12/13 September 2020. The following lists the key points regarding the cost and use of the cottages.
a. Each cottage can accommodate up to 10 people each
b. Cost of accommodation is $130 per cottage if occupied by 4 or less people or $30 per person if occupied by 5 to 10 people.
c. Bedding to be supplied by guests
Further information can be obtained at the following links
dryandravillage.org.au/wallaby-cottage-large/
dryandravillage.org.au/wandoo-cottage-large/
dryandravillage.org.au/conditions-of-hire/
Nomination for attendance and payment of accommodation costs will be required no later than Thursday the 28th of May 2020.
Further details and updates will be discussed during club nights as plans progress
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise, Bear, JillH, MikeB, Chris dB, RussellS, KyleaH, LilengA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2020 16:14 #6754 by JillH
Replied by JillH on topic Dryandara Weekend 12/13 September 2020
we might be using our caravan.

More
03 Feb 2020 18:54 #6772 by JacquelineQ
Replied by JacquelineQ on topic Dryandara Weekend 12/13 September 2020
I'm fairly new to the Bunbury area, and am not really sure what we will be doing on the weekend excursions (besides taking photos!) nor do I know anything about Dryander or New Norcia. Can someone please fill me? eg: Are we shooting anything particular from those two regions and do we do it as a group or individually etc.?

Thank you in advance. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB

More
05 Feb 2020 17:17 #6795 by Jodie D
Replied by Jodie D on topic Dryandara Weekend 12/13 September 2020
Hi Jacqui

Both Dryandra and New Norcia are being organised as social weekend's away. Partners and family welcome (I will be taking family to Dryandra and camping but going solo to New Norcia). We will have a loose itinerary for people to go out and shoot together during the time away. If you are travelling solo then I am sure car pooling will be an option with others also going.

The two locations have been decided based on suggestions from members. Dryandra woodland is a lovely spot for nature photography (perhaps even an echidna and numbat will be spotted) and as we are going in spring will be perfect for wildflowers and macro. Astro photography may be on the cards also

New Norcia will have some nature photography opportunities as well as architecture. Can also stop at places on the way up / home.

More thought will go into the itinerary's in coming months

Hope that helps
Jodie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, JillH, MikeB, Chris dB, JulieK, LilengA

More
09 Feb 2020 19:22 #6811 by JacquelineQ
Replied by JacquelineQ on topic Dryandara Weekend 12/13 September 2020
Thanks for the info Jodi :)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds