× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

CLUB UPDATE

More
27 Mar 2020 12:00 - 27 Mar 2020 12:04 #7013 by MikeB
CLUB UPDATE was created by MikeB
Hi everyone, on behalf of the committee I hope you are all going ok.
The committee met last night to discuss and work through how our club can move forward under the current restrictions – we had an interesting meeting using the Zoom app which allowed us all to connect remotely from our homes, it took a little getting used to but the meeting was successful.
So what’s happening? I’ll break it down on a monthly basis so that you can update your schedule etc. accordingly.
March
The projected images for March have been posted up on our 2 platforms and the judging critique will be posted on the 2nd April.
April
Our April meeting is cancelled
We are currently exploring and trialing a webinar concept to enable you to hopefully join in on our normal club night – I will keep you posted on this.
Projected Topics – this will continue as normal, the In My View topic is ‘Searching’, and Dennis will be putting something together on our Exhibition Topics forum to stimulate your thinking - please submit your entries
Print Topic - there will be no Print topic for April, we are moving this topic to July.
May
There is no decision on our May meeting at this stage, whilst it is unlikely at this point in time we are keeping our options open and will keep you posted.
New Norcia weekend photoshoot has been cancelled, for those who have made a deposit towards this, you will be contacted by Trevor to arrange your reimbursement.

Competitions
Australia Cup – this competition is open to all clubs within Australia (we participated last year). There is a post under News and Events with a link. As it is a club competition we will be setting up a Wufoo form ASAP for you to submit your entries.
You can enter as many images as the form allows but only a maximum of 2 images can be selected and submitted for the competition – there are previous year’s galleries available to view by clicking on the link.
The club will pay the entry fee.

The following people I would like to thank for their efforts over recent times;
To Jill, for posting up her challenge and continuing to provide inspiration for all of us, we wish you a speedy recovery.
To Jodie, for her efforts in posting up our March images on Facebook and our website
To Richard Hall and his team of Trevor Stewart and John Francke for facilitating our 101 photography workshop recently – a great success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, JillH, Chris dB, Richard H, JulieL, RussellS, LilengA, DavidH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2020 13:54 - 27 Mar 2020 17:03 #7016 by JillH
Replied by JillH on topic CLUB UPDATE
Thanks Mike. I will do whatever I can from here. At this stage perhaps message or text me if you need something done as I am not checking the forum or sitting at the computer for long while I am in plaster. But happy to help with whatever I can. Stay well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, MikeB, Richard H, LilengA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds