× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

Cervantes Weekend Planned for May

More
26 Feb 2021 11:48 #7741 by RussellS
Cervantes Weekend Planned for May was created by RussellS
Hi,
The Club is calling for interested people to submit their names and payment to the first of this years getaway photograhic trips, to Cervantes. The second is later in the year, in September. Cervantes is planned for the weekend starting Friday 14th May, returning on Sunday 16th . We have two properties in mind and need to move smartly to secure them as they are open to the public to book online.

Cancellation costs are high if we change our minds in reducing or cancelling the properties we book so we need to get firm committments from those intending to go.The properties are a 4 double bedroom house, good for between 7-10 people depending on the mix of couples and singles, the second, a 3 double bedroom house with provision for three singles in another room, once again good for 6-8 people. Both properties are situated close to each other in the same street.

As explained at last night's club meet, another lockdown is a faint possibility, but full refunds would happen if this happend before the weekend, but none forthcoming if it was called while we were there, and having to come back. I believe getting back through a lockdown area hasn't been a problem to date so long as you are going home.

The estimated cost is around $55 per person per night ($110 for the weekend), but doesn't include bedding/sleeping bags and food. Any reduction in accommodation costs will be dispersed equally among participants.  

Anyone intending on camping or taking their caravans will need to make their own arrangements

Potential activities include a Saturday sunset/night excursion out to the Pinnacles (not far from Cervantes), take shoot the setting sun and twilight, then set up for a night shot of the heavens/stars/comets or whatever we find up there. Cervantes jetty and beach (walking distance), Thetis Lake (stromatolite-building micro-organisms of Lake Thetis resemble the earliest forms of life) 5km from Cervantes, and possibly a 40minutes trip to Jurien Bay early Sunday morning to capture sealions from a charted vessel. This last one comes at an extra cost of $80 each, with an early start 7am. Each of these events are optional but we have enquired about a Saturday lunch at the Lobster Shack and we are comforfortable assured they would be able to accommodate our number at short notice, no booking.

In summary, members need to commit both names and cost, using the banking details and referencing CERVANT, included below, in the next two weeks in reply to this notice, so that we can move ahead and book these properties. If you have any questions, please reply to this notice, and we will get back to you promptly.  BSB 066 507A/C 10782646Ref: Cervant
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, LilengA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2021 16:15 - 12 Mar 2021 15:35 #7744 by RussellS
Replied by RussellS on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
Jenny & Russell Smith x 1 $220 paid
Marie Nikas x 1 $110 paid
Sue & John Francki $220 paid
Li Leng Ang   $110 paid
Urlys Mitchell  $110 paid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear

More
28 Feb 2021 11:52 #7745 by MarieN
Replied by MarieN on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
Hi Russell,
I will be planning to attend the weekend away to Cervantes.

I will organise payment shortly.
It sounds like a great weekend.
Cheers
Marie Nikas

More
01 Mar 2021 11:24 #7746 by Bear
Replied by Bear on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
I would have loved to have gone but Rose's birthday is on the 11th May and we will be having some getaway plans. It is a significant milestone and I know where my priorities lie.
Pity I am sure it will be a most enjoyable trip.
Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB, RussellS

More
01 Mar 2021 20:21 #7753 by RussellS
No stress Dennis. Thanks for replying.

More
04 Mar 2021 16:16 #7758 by JohnF
Replied by JohnF on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
Russell Smith x 1 $110 paid
Marie Nikas
John & Sue Francki ($220 paid)

More
05 Mar 2021 14:57 #7767 by MarieN
Hi Russell
I have just transferred my $110 via internet banking . I will email Julie to let her know.
Cheers
Marie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB, RussellS

More
12 Mar 2021 15:23 #7787 by UrlysM
Replied by UrlysM on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
Hi Russell,
I have transferred $110 today.
Thank you.
Urlys
The following user(s) said Thank You: RussellS

More
12 Mar 2021 15:39 #7788 by RussellS
There is one remaining single bed, for a woman, in the first property we have rented for the weekend. A second property will be rented if numbers allow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

More
18 Mar 2021 13:54 #7792 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
Hi Russell, Joy and I are able to attend after confirming some dates - does this cause an issue based on your last post?

More
18 Mar 2021 15:45 #7794 by RussellS
Not so much as we would rent the second property also. The 3rd double bedroom has been allocated to Urlys because of her condition.

If we can encourage another 3 people to come along and fill up the second property then we can keep the weekend cost to the forecasted $110. Otherwise the cost would jump to $143 per person.

More
19 Mar 2021 13:50 #7804 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Cervantes Weekend Planned for May
We have deposited our money into the club account today $220

Mike & Joy Baker
The following user(s) said Thank You: RussellS, AnneC

More
03 May 2021 17:35 #7884 by MarieN
Hi Russell
I was just wondering if there was any more information regarding the upcoming Cervantes trip? I was not able to attend last Thursday as I was in Albany visiting family.
I just wondering what the address was for the accomodation. What time we should arrive on the Friday? If we need to bring linen etc?
Thanks for your assistance with this.
Cheers
Marie
The following user(s) said Thank You: RussellS

More
04 May 2021 14:07 #7886 by RussellS
Hi Marie, Yes we are still going to Cervantes however COVID restrictions have complicated things a little. Passing through PERTH and Peel, I've been advised, will necessitate wearing of masks for our trip north. Going around Perth will add an extra 2 hours to our trip. I'm hanging out for a relaxation of masks on Friday's announcement so we can go as originally intended.

To your questions, bring bedding for a double bed as there are plenty of these between the two properties. I'll be heading up earlier than most to pick up the house keys before 5pm, while others will travel in convoy at a later time to be agreed upon. The properties are 15 and 19 Drummond Circus, Cervantes.

I will send another notice on Saturday when more is known about the direction we take, and how we see the weekend panning out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, JohnF

More
04 May 2021 17:31 #7887 by MarieN
Hi Russell
Thanks a lot for the information regarding the trip to Cervantes - lets hope Covid doesn't spoil our plans!
Thanks for the addresses. I look forward to seeing everyone up there and will wait for further updates.
Cheers
Marie

More
08 May 2021 15:15 #7890 by RussellS
It looks like we have passed safely through these last set of covid restrictions and can move through Perth, up to Cervantes, without having to wear masks. Fingers crossed the current situation prevails, at least until our trip is over. We will, myself Jenny and Uyrls, will leave early to pick up the property keys. Others can leave later in convoy at an agreed time, say 1pm latest.

Bring linen for double beds or sleeping bags and any food to share, Friday and Saturday nights. We will make our lunch time together at the Lobster Shack before we embark to the Pinnacles. As this excursion will entail sunset photography as well star shots we'll need to ready to move by 3-3.30pm to set up for both. It's advised to take something to eat for if we get lucky we'll stay well after dark to take our star shots getting back to Cervantes by 8-8.30pm, probably a little late for a BBQ. However, it's forecasted to be cloudy on the 15th May, so if we miss out on the stars we can return early and have a BBQ. If the stars come out and we stay a little longer, we can have a breakfast BBQ before our last shots of Cervantes and our trip home. 

Things to bring: fold up chairs, wide-angled lens, tripod, an option weight incase it's a little windy, remote - wireless or cable, I have lights to paint with, food, drinks, linen (double bed) - 7 double beds to divi up. Please let me know if I have forgotten anything. All things COVID, think of bringing hand cleaner, masks (if we need to) etc. I'll be checking to see if there are other Covid considerations we need to allow for before we start.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, JohnF, UrlysM, MarieN

More
10 May 2021 16:59 #7892 by MarieN
Hi Russell
Thanks for the information above. I will be staying in Lancelin on Thursday night so will make my way to Cervantes from there. Will meet you all at the property. What time do you expect to be there?
Really looking forward to the trip.
Cheers
Marie

More
11 May 2021 17:19 #7894 by RussellS
We expect to be there by 4.30pm, after picking up the keys.

More
14 May 2021 13:04 #7898 by MarieN
Hi Russell
Thanks will see you then. Cheers Marie

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds