× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

BUNBURY TRIATHLON PHOTOSHOOT - Sunday 17th October

More
12 Oct 2021 22:36 #8157 by lisa_hubbard
Replied by lisa_hubbard on topic BUNBURY TRIATHLON PHOTOSHOOT - Sunday 17th October
Hi Terry,
Thanks for volunteering. I will post meeting information very soon.
Lisa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2021 22:39 #8158 by lisa_hubbard
Replied by lisa_hubbard on topic BUNBURY TRIATHLON PHOTOSHOOT - Sunday 17th October
Hi Lina,
That is no problem for you to pull out. It looks like we have a quite a lot of photographers for Sunday so it will be no issue. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Lisa

More
14 Oct 2021 13:05 #8160 by JillH
Hi Lisa, do you have a map of the course. Have you worked out where each of us is going? or should we tell you that? A map would be handy to decide and the time we need to be in our position.
thanks
Jill

More
14 Oct 2021 23:57 #8163 by lisa_hubbard
Hi all,The final list of photographers for the Bunbury City Classic Triathlon on Sunday 17th October is1.      Lisa Hubbard2.      Jill Harrison3.      John Francki4.      Sue Francki5.      Trevor Spivey6.      Richard Hall7.      Glenys Hough8.      Terry HThanks everyone for volunteering.  That is a great turn out!The event is at Koombana Bay, with the event village on the grassed area between the Dolphin Discovery Centre Carpark and the kids playground. The event transition area (where all the bikes are racked) will take up the whole carpark beside the Dolphin Discovery Centre. MEET: Please meet at 6:30am beside the stage in the event village.  We will need to register with the volunteer coordinator who will give us all a high vis vest to wear.BRING: Camera, Lenses, fully charged batteries, plenty of cards; covering sun protective clothes, hat, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, water, snacks, mobile phonePARKING: Please be aware that Koombana Bay will be closed to traffic from 6:15am to 11am with no access to the carparks.  Also, road closures will be in place. Parking is available across from the Dolphin Discovery Centre in the carpark beside the lookout but if you park here you will be restricted from leaving until roads are open again. The best place to park is in the BREC carpark and across the road, then walk up to Koombana.  That way you can leave whenever ready.COMPETITORS: The event is sold out and the start list shows a total of 554 competitors, so it will be a huge event!RACES: There are 4 different race distances, all starting at different times, with the first race starting at 7am
1. Enticer Distance Triathlon            250m swim / 10km cycle / 2.5km run       START 7:05am
2.  Standard Distance Triathlon         1500m swim / 40km cycle / 10km run     START 7:15am
3. Standard Distance Duathlon        5km run / 40km cycle / 10km run              START 7:15am
4. Sprint Distance Triathlon              750m swim / 20km cycle / 5km run          START 7:55amEVENT INFO AND RACE MAPS: The event webpage is at: www.bunburytriclub.com/events/bunbury-classics/ The event information booklet is available at: www.bunburytriclub.com/wp-content/upload...y-Classic-Oct-21.pdf The course maps are at: www.bunburytriclub.com/events/bunbury-classics/bcc-course-maps/   PHOTO LOCATIONS: The important photo locations will be·        Triathlon Race starts and swimmers exiting the water on Koombana Beach (3 races)o   Enticer    7:05 – 7:20am, 65 competitorso   Standard 7:15 - 8:00am, 382 competitorso   Sprint        7:55 – 8:20am, 94 competitors ·        Duathlon Race Start (Transition Area) 7:15, 13 competitors·        Cyclists on Koombana Drive – from 7:10am – cut off at 9:45am·        Runners along Koombana Foreshore/bridge – from 7:30am·        Transition area for change over between legs·        Event village·        Finish Line – from 7:30am – approx. 10:30am·        Presentations – 10am (Enticer and Sprint) and 11am (Standard and Duathlon)I would like to assign people to locations for a “shift” to make sure we cover everything, so please let me know if you have any preferences.  Also, not essential, but if anyone wants to shoot the cyclists out along Ocean Drive please let me know. If so you can head straight out to Ocean Drive instead of coming into the event village.I will then get the schedule out to you all on Saturday.Regards,Lisa

More
15 Oct 2021 00:01 #8164 by lisa_hubbard
Lets try that again and see if it's more readable:
Hi all,The final list of photographers for the Bunbury City Classic Triathlon on Sunday 17th October is1.      Lisa Hubbard2.      Jill Harrison3.      John Francki4.      Sue Francki5.      Trevor Spivey6.      Richard Hall7.      Glenys Hough8.      Terry HThanks everyone for volunteering.  That is a great turn out!The event is at Koombana Bay, with the event village on the grassed area between the Dolphin Discovery Centre Carpark and the kids playground. The event transition area (where all the bikes are racked) will take up the whole carpark beside the Dolphin Discovery Centre. MEET: Please meet at 6:30am beside the stage in the event village.  We will need to register with the volunteer coordinator who will give us all a high vis vest to wear.BRING: Camera, Lenses, fully charged batteries, plenty of cards; covering sun protective clothes, hat, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, water, snacks, mobile phonePARKING: Please be aware that Koombana Bay will be closed to traffic from 6:15am to 11am with no access to the carparks.  Also, road closures will be in place. Parking is available across from the Dolphin Discovery Centre in the carpark beside the lookout but if you park here you will be restricted from leaving until roads are open again. The best place to park is in the BREC carpark and across the road, then walk up to Koombana.  That way you can leave whenever ready.COMPETITORS: The event is sold out and the start list shows a total of 554 competitors, so it will be a huge event!RACES: There are 4 different race distances, all starting at different times, with the first race starting at 7am1.      Enticer Distance Triathlon            250m swim / 10km cycle / 2.5km run       START 7:05am2.      Standard Distance Triathlon         1500m swim / 40km cycle / 10km run     START 7:15am3.      Standard Distance Duathlon        5km run / 40km cycle / 10km run              START 7:15am4.      Sprint Distance Triathlon              750m swim / 20km cycle / 5km run          START 7:55amEVENT INFO AND RACE MAPS: The event webpage is at: www.bunburytriclub.com/events/bunbury-classics/ The event information booklet is available at: www.bunburytriclub.com/wp-content/upload...y-Classic-Oct-21.pdf The course maps are at: www.bunburytriclub.com/events/bunbury-classics/bcc-course-maps/  
PHOTO LOCATIONS: The important photo locations will be·        Triathlon Race starts and swimmers exiting the water on Koombana Beach (3 races)o   Enticer    7:05 – 7:20am, 65 competitorso   Standard 7:15 - 8:00am, 382 competitorso   Sprint        7:55 – 8:20am, 94 competitors ·        Duathlon Race Start (Transition Area) 7:15, 13 competitors·        Cyclists on Koombana Drive – from 7:10am – cut off at 9:45am·        Runners along Koombana Foreshore/bridge – from 7:30am·        Transition area for change over between legs·        Event village·        Finish Line – from 7:30am – approx. 10:30am·        Presentations – 10am (Enticer and Sprint) and 11am (Standard and Duathlon)I would like to assign people to locations for a “shift” to make sure we cover everything, so please let me know if you have any preferences.  Also, not essential, but if anyone wants to shoot the cyclists out along Ocean Drive please let me know. If so you can head straight out to Ocean Drive instead of coming into the event village.I will then get the schedule out to you all on Saturday.Regards,Lisa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

More
15 Oct 2021 00:08 #8165 by lisa_hubbard
OK that didn't work. Please see the attached word document instead.
I will also try to e-mail.
Regards,
Lisa
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JillH

More
15 Oct 2021 08:46 #8166 by JillH
Lisa I would be happy to shoot out along Ocean Drive. Where would be a good spot? Is there a map? and what time would I need to be there?
cheers
Jill

More
15 Oct 2021 10:03 #8167 by TerryH
Hi Lisa,
If you want, I can do the swim for a start - will bring a big lens for "round-the-mark" shots.

More
15 Oct 2021 19:51 #8170 by Richard H
I would like to be out on the course somewhere, I have never shot the bikes yet.
If possible I would like to be away by 9, it is my wedding anniversary and trying to cover all bases

cheers
Richard

More
16 Oct 2021 12:22 #8173 by lisa_hubbard
Hi all, I've got all of your requests and I'm working out a schedule. Will post when done and print out to bring tomorrow. Of course you can leave by 9 Richard! Terry, sorry I don't know your surname - is it possible to send me your e-mail address and mobile number? Thanks, Lisa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard H

More
16 Oct 2021 13:54 #8174 by TerryH
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
0455 915 318

More
16 Oct 2021 18:02 #8175 by lisa_hubbard
Hi all, Location schedule for photographers at the Triathlon tomorrow. I will also e-mail this. Please print for yourself if you are able. See you at Koombana at 6:30am! Lisa
Attachments:

More
Today 10:32 #8176 by JillH
Hi Lisa, I hope everyone was happy with the Tri event yesterday. Certainly was perfect weather for it I would think. I am sure you are still recovering, and clearing up everything you have to do post-event, but are you able to tell us when you would like our photos by, and what size do you want them?
Thanks Lisa
It found it a great opportunity to practise panning. and our location worked out well.
cheers
Jill
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisa_hubbard

More
Today 10:37 #8177 by lisa_hubbard
Hi all,Thank you all for your hard work taking photos at the triathlon yesterday.Hopefully you all enjoyed it, and got some good photos both for the triathletes and yourself.It was a long day, and I understand if you are exhausted! It certainly knocked me around!You must have thousands of photos.  I took about 1500 this year. In regards to the photos, I am currently liasing with the Tri Club for the best way/location to upload photos.Last year we did this by Google Photos but I am just trying to find out if there is an easier alternative.I would prefer if you could all individually upload photos to the one location, and not give them to me on a USB. In the meantime, if you could please just start working on the culling and processing of the photos that would be great.We have decided on the following properties for exporting photos, same as the last couple of years:
  • 300dpi
  • Size of 2-4MB
  • Minimal editing (up to you but only cropping, exposure adjustments required)
  • Naming - PGOB_Name_Number Eg. PGOB_Lisa_Hubbard_001. That way the photographer can be identified if needed.
It would be good if we could upload the photos sometime this week. However, we are all volunteers and have work and other commitments so whenever you can is fine.Thanks again, and I will be in touch shortly.Regards,Lisa

More
Today 10:41 #8178 by lisa_hubbard
Hi Jill,
Yes it certainly was perfect in terms of weather! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think everyone else did as well. Sounds like you picked a good spot too. There is no specific deadline for having the photos ready, although this week if possible would be great.
Regards,
Lisa

More
Today 10:43 #8179 by JillH
Is there a size specified, and where are they uploaded to?
thanks Lisa
cheers
Jill

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds