× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

Wagin Woolarama & Interclub Event Carpooling

More
29 Jan 2016 14:08 #2215 by MikeB
A suggestion was raised at last nights club meeting to travel to this event using carpools and rather than spend money on a bus etc provide some compensation to the carpool owner (note, this has yet to be ratified and endorsed at committee or the level of compensation). To assist us in determining support for this suggestion, I am seeking names and spaces available of people that are prepared to take their vehicles and some extra passengers - please copy & paste your name and details into your reply.

Mike Baker - 4 passengers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2016 14:12 #2216 by Alyson
Alyson Parr - 2 passengers

More
29 Jan 2016 18:16 #2219 by Denise
Hi all

The Wooloorama is an experience if you've never been - it is huge and so different to the Brunswick Show. It will also provide photo opportunities for one of our topics later in the year so I really hope you can come along.

So that everyone can keep track, when there something that needs to be added to, please copy the details from the previous post, paste it into your post and add to the bottom

Denise Aitken - 3 passengers (I will be leaving Bunbury very early to allow for a photo stop, Return time negotiable at this stage)

Denise Harrison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

More
29 Jan 2016 23:29 #2229 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic Wagin Woolarama & Interclub Event Carpooling
I am keen to go with Denise for an early get away. I was a bit disappointed that the bus didn't get up and running because I think travelling all together makes it a really social event. The day we trained up to Perth for the zoo a few years ago was great. However if there was no way to get the bus the night before then this is a problem because I think it is worth getting to Wagin early for the nicest part of the day. I haven't booked busses for a while now but when I used them for school camps in the past we did sometimes get to pick them up the night before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise, MikeB, Chris dB

More
29 Feb 2016 13:30 #2307 by Chris dB
Replied by Chris dB on topic Wagin Woolarama & Interclub Event Carpooling
Hi Denise, can I book a spot in your car as I'd like to leave early.
Thanks
Chris

Cheers Chris

More
05 Mar 2016 09:17 - 05 Mar 2016 09:20 #2325 by Denise
Replied by Denise on topic Wagin Woolarama - Who is attending?
Hi all

It would be great to know who is going to head across to Wagin next weekend. Gates open Sat 9am to 5pm, with the Rodeo Spectacular to start at 5pm.
April's print topic is - Rural Life - The subject is relating to or characteristic of a farming /agricultural community, the way of life, or country people, or rustic in nature. (Excludes sweeping rural landscapes). The Wooloorama should give you a good opportunity to get some shots.

Denise Aitken - Heather, Chris and room for 1 more (ring me on 0408 882 174 if you want to come along). I will be leaving at 6:00am.

If I don't see you before, hopefully we can meet at the Photography Pavilion at 11:00am and we can ponder over the interpretations of the topic for the inter club,

If you need a reminder it was
Where in the World?" DEFINITION: An iconic* image of a special place, taken in any country of the world. May include people.
*Explanation: Basically it is a travel shot with iconic meaning representative /traditional/typical. It might be Machu Picchu or Paris but it also could be a shot of the Indiana Tea House at Cottesloe at sunset; the Busselton Jetty by moonlight or a Boab tree at dawn in Halls Creek.

Click Here to go to Wooloorama Website

Denise Harrison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heather, Chris dB

More
10 Mar 2016 19:51 #2332 by Marilyn
Replied by Marilyn on topic Wagin Woolarama - Who is attending?
Hello Denise
Debbie Schramm and I will be attending - is this the designated meeting place on the day?

More
10 Mar 2016 19:55 #2333 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Wagin Woolarama - Who is attending?
Hi Denise, is there a suggested meeting place for our carpools?

More
10 Mar 2016 21:11 #2335 by Denise
Hi Marilyn and Mike

I am not quite sure why I am being asked this question, I have only made arrangements to pick up Heather and Chris because they asked to come with me. As I indicated in an earlier post we will be leaving at 6.00am and picking Chris up on the way past Roelands.

As no one else has posted anything about times they were leaving or anything else for that matter, I did suggest the other day that we could meet at the photography pavilion at 11:00am so we could look over the images together.

Mike, I thought you were sorting something for us as a get together to collect the refund for our entry. We will obvisouly be there much earlier than 11:00 if others are going early too, meeting around a food venue would be good.

Denise Harrison

More
11 Mar 2016 08:00 #2337 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic Wagin Woolarama - Who is attending?
Just thinking that people needed to organise with the driver where they will meet. It would seem a bit crazy for everyone to go to the one place as I expect people are leaving at different times. If the drivers are still wanting to take passengers, though I would have thought this should have been discussed by now, they could just give their contact details, and leaving time. I know not everyone wants to put a phone number or email address on the forum but with the Woolarama tomorrow I think it is leaving it a bit late for anything else. Hope people manage to sort this out as travelling together certainly makes the journey more sociable (and cheaper!) See you there!

More
11 Mar 2016 08:12 #2338 by Alyson
Replied by Alyson on topic Wagin Woolarama - Who is attending?
I have had my name up as having two seats and would plan our departure time in cooperation with any passengers we would be taking. As no one had added their name to my two available seats, Chris and I have decided to leave at 7.15 am. So if anyone wants a lift at that time please call me on 0409 889 998.

Meeting at the photography pavilion at 11.00 am sounds good to me.

I have received the results of the Wagin Interclub judging which I have placed into a separate post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB

More
11 Mar 2016 09:17 #2341 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Wagin Woolarama - Who is attending?
Meeting at the pavilion for 11am sounds good, I will reimburse entry fees to members at that time

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds