× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

Photo Competition - Chris Gibbs Memorial Exhibitio

More
26 Jul 2016 17:29 #2771 by Jodie D
Hi All

I am organising a photo competition as a Cancer Council fundraiser in memory of a good friend. The exhibition is to be held at the Bunbury Regional Art Gallery from the 23rd Sept to 24th October. It will involve art works from local SW artists as well as the photo comp - Student Category and Open Category.

The theme for the competition is: “Celebrating South West Nature”. Photos can be of any scene, object or event associated with the South West Western Australian natural environment. Prints can be colour or monochromatic. The image can include people and man-made objects as long as they are interacting with the natural environment.

$10 per image, maximum of two images per photographer

Standard camera club exhibiting rules - 40x50cm matting, image any size within that.

Photos may be put up for sale if you wish with a 40% commission taken to go towards the event (20% BRAG, 20% Cancer Council)

I am hoping that many of you will enter. If you have any queries please don't hesitate to ask. If you want me to forward you an Entry Form please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or just leave your name and emil on this post and I will get it to you ASAP. Prizes to be announced shortly!

Entry closes 4th September with images needing to be at BRAG (or with me) on or before the 13th September.

Lastly, There will be an evening event at the gallery on the 1st October, 7 pm to 11pm. Drinks, nibbles and entertainment provided as well as the art and images to view and purchase. It is shaping up to be a great night.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Joy Baker, Chris dB, jan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2016 21:05 #2773 by Denise
Great job Jodie.

I am sure it will go off well. Keep plugging away and campaigning to get members to enter. Our south west and nature, shouldn't be hard.

Denise Harrison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

More
29 Jul 2016 14:54 - 29 Jul 2016 14:54 #2776 by Jodie D
Hi All

For those interested in entering the competition - the Entry Form and Statement By Supplier form is attached.

Any queries don't hesitate to contact me via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 0409 313 801 or here.

Thanks
Jodie
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB, Josie M

More
31 Jul 2016 10:02 #2782 by Jodie D
We are very excited to announce that Camera House Bunbury are generously supporting our photography competition with a $500 gift voucher for the winning Open Category image. Thanks very much to Ian and his team.

We hope to be be able announce additional sponsors and prizes shortly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise, Chris dB, Josie M

More
15 Aug 2016 20:43 #2835 by Jodie D
If anyone would like a ticket to the evening celebration event on the 1st October, I can bring them to the August Club night for you. Tickets are $25 and include drinks and nibbles, live music and entertainment. The images will be awarded and announced on the night also.

If you haven't yet considered entering, we have the following prizes up for grabs:
Bunbury Camera House 1st Place Open Category - $500 voucher
WAPRES People's Choice Award (as voted by attendees to the evening function) - $300 cash

Still to be announced:
2nd Place Open Category
1st Place Student Category
2nd Place Student Category
(just confirming sponsors and value and announcing very very soon).

If you wish to get me your entry form and/or images at club night I will see you there!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise, MikeB, Chris dB, jan

More
31 Aug 2016 12:16 - 31 Aug 2016 12:18 #2875 by Jodie D
Replied by Jodie D on topic Photo Competition - 4 days left
4 days left to get your entry forms in. If you are yet to select your images please don't stress about adding a title to the entry form, leave it blank and I will get the image details off of it when you deliver to the Gallery.

Thanks very much for all your support and interest.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB, DebbieS

More
01 Sep 2016 21:27 #2877 by Chris dB
Replied by Chris dB on topic Photo Competition - 4 days left
Great work getting all of those prizes together Jodie

Cheers Chris

More
06 Sep 2016 22:16 #2892 by Jodie D
Thanks to the large amount of support and interest, we will be filling our allocated Gallery space with 68 open entries and 42 student entries. Along with the filled art work space of 14 pieces, my expectations have been more than filled.

Don't forget to get tickets to the 1st October function very soon if you wish to come. Should be a great night.

If you can't make it that night, not to worry as the exhibition will be on from the 24th Sept to the 23rd October.

Thanks again to the club members and committee for your support!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heather, Chris dB

More
06 Sep 2016 22:55 #2897 by JillH
well done Jodie for your work on this exhibition and competition.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds