× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

Painting with Light mini session this Friday night

More
08 Aug 2016 21:08 - 08 Aug 2016 21:09 #2804 by Chris dB
I mentioned this on club night if anyone is keen to come out with me. Weather dependant, if it's too cloudy I'll not be going.

Just a few minutes out of town is a dead tree that I'm heading out to "Paint with Light" torch light. If you've not tried this before it may be a good opportunity for you, limited numbers as access/parking area is not real large, 2 cars max.

Please let me know if you're interested, thinking of being there about 7.30pm and only staying about an hour. I'm still waiting to hear back from some people about locations for another shoot on Sat 20th so if you can't make Fri hopefully the 20th will happen.

You'll need the following

camera
tripod
cable release (you'll need to be able to keep your shutter open for more than 30 sec)
headlamp or small torch
warm clothes

I'll provide a good torch for focussing and painting and also some coloured gels and tuition if required. If you'd like more info please call 0417 810 650 or email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Chris

Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2016 09:13 #2805 by MikeB
will be an apology for Friday but would be interested in the 20th

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

• APearce
09 Aug 2016 09:47 #2807 by APearce
Thanks Chris, not sure if we are going to Perth Friday night or not yet for a Camq Quality meeting as yet...TBA

More
09 Aug 2016 18:47 #2809 by Heather
I'm keen Chris and am happy to meet you somewhere to save on vehicles. Not knowing where you are heading I'll leave you to contact me. Will leave the weather call to you as I won't be heading out on my own.

More
10 Aug 2016 06:21 #2811 by Denise
Hi Chris
I can do either

Denise Harrison

More
10 Aug 2016 19:22 #2815 by Alyson
Hi Chris
I emailed you direct but thought I'd add in here that I'll be there and am available for either night.

More
10 Aug 2016 19:46 #2816 by Chris dB
A slight change of plans. I'm now not going to be in town for a "Painting with Light" shoot on Sat 20th as was talked about on club night so I've changed the location of this Friday's shoot to enable more people to attend if they wish.

link to map

Time: 7.30pm
The weather is going to be partly cloudy (or so they say) so as long as it's not pouring with rain I'll be there. I'll post here late Fri arvo if the weather doesn't look good.

Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Heather, APearce, Alyson

More
11 Aug 2016 19:16 #2819 by Alyson
Weather looking good at the moment.

More
12 Aug 2016 14:55 #2823 by Chris dB
Weather is looking good for tonight, even though a bit cloudy. Was hoping for stars to be out but not necessary for the purpose of this shoot.

See you all at Pelican Point about 7.30pm

Cheers Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alyson

• wendyp
12 Aug 2016 17:19 #2824 by wendyp
have fun...we have a overnight guest..so no show from me

More
12 Aug 2016 22:45 #2827 by Alyson
Thanks Chris for organising a fun evening. What a fabulous night once the short rain cloud passed.

More
13 Aug 2016 09:51 - 13 Aug 2016 09:52 #2828 by Chris dB
A lovely evening to be out around the water. Poured with rain on the way there but then fined up. A very calm night and not cold, clouds even disbursed and the moon was shining. Thanks for joining me Alyson, Denise and Heather.

Here's a quick edit from early on enhancing the blue. 100 sec exposure at f5.6 and a few seconds of torch light.

Cheers Chris
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wendyp, Denise, Heather, JillH, TammyW

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds