× Use this section to post information about photography related events such as gallery events/exhibitions, photographic competitions, places you may have found interesting to photograph or articles of websites of interest

AGM October 2016

More
10 Oct 2016 15:21 #3025 by MikeB
AGM October 2016 was created by MikeB
Hi everyone, as you are aware we have our AGM preceding the normal meeting this month, for those that may not be familiar with our process, all positions will be declared vacant and nominations will then be sought for the various roles we have.

Nominations should be made in writing no later than 7 days prior to the meeting and Emails are acceptable.

If you are interested in any of the roles but are somewhat unsure if you have all the requisite knowledge to perform that role, let me assure you that extensive notes and templates exist for all our roles (other than general committee role). In addition to this, there will be a handover period as we transition over, and the other bonus is that the current incumbents are more than willing to provide additional assistance as required.

Becoming part of the 2017 committee is a fantastic opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas and continue to build upon the work that has been done to date to create value for our members.

If you are unable to attend the meeting and would like someone to act on your behalf please complete the attached form.

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting

Mike

File Attachment:

File Name: PGoB_proxy...form.pdf
File Size:141 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: PGoB_proxy...form.pdf
File Size:141 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise, Heather, TammyW

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2016 19:19 #3036 by Jodie D
Replied by Jodie D on topic AGM October 2016
Sorry Mike I might be missing a post somewhere along the line but what are the exact positions? And to clarify, nominations need to be made in writing before the meeting (no nominations accepted on the night)?

More
13 Oct 2016 03:12 #3038 by Denise
Replied by Denise on topic AGM October 2016
Hi Jodie

All positions on the committee become vacant each year and you can self nominate for any position. (your nomination does not need to be seconded)

If more than one person nominates for the same position, then there is an election.
If only one person nominates (by the closing date, i.e. 7 days before AGM), then no vote is required and that person will assume the role.
For any unfilled positions, nominations can be taken on the night.

My recommendation is that if you want to join the committee (and I encourage you to do so), then nominate

The committee positions are
President
Secretary
Vice President
Exhibition Coordinator
plus 2 - 5 Committee Members

Denise Harrison
The following user(s) said Thank You: JillH, MikeB, Jodie D

• APearce
13 Oct 2016 14:03 #3044 by APearce
Replied by APearce on topic AGM October 2016
PLUS Treasurer

More
13 Oct 2016 14:30 #3048 by JillH
Replied by JillH on topic AGM October 2016
how often does the committee meet in addition to club nights?
and to what address would email nominations be sent?
thanks

• APearce
13 Oct 2016 14:35 #3050 by APearce
Replied by APearce on topic AGM October 2016
HI Jill

Only once a month outside of Club Night. Not an onerous load.

The only reason Debbie and I are not renominating is due to business committments.

More
13 Oct 2016 18:40 #3053 by Jodie D
Replied by Jodie D on topic AGM October 2016
Thanks for the additional info. I will give it some thought.

Where do we send the emails?

More
13 Oct 2016 19:47 #3054 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic AGM October 2016
Hi Jodie, send them to me - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds