× Welcome to the Photography Group of Bunbury forum!

Although some of us know each, we have lots of new members who don't and as this forum is a new addition to our website we are all new to it.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you joined the club, the camera or cameras you use, what you use for post processing and what sort of photos you like to take.Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

New Member Jacqui

More
16 Jul 2019 18:48 #6145 by JacquelineQ
New Member Jacqui was created by JacquelineQ
Hi, I have recently moved from Whitsundays QLD to Gelorup WA and joined PGOB.

I consider myself a artistic / crafty person and have always wanted to get into photography, however there was no such groups like PGOB where i previously resided nor was there any courses etc close by that i can learn the basics. When I came across this group after completing a short course in photography in Bunbury, I thought it was a good opportunity to join and expand on what I had learnt during my course - and of course to meet like minded people.

I own a Nikon D3300 (i know, i totally need an upgrade!) but have promised myself, I will not upgrade until I can use my current camera to its full potential an capacity (and until I receive a pay rise or win lotto! hehe) . Being a "freshman", I have not found my niche as yet, although I am drawn to; macro photography, B&W, product, glam portraits (like what is on magazine cover) as well as animal and wildlife photography.

I look forward to meeting other club members and learning from them through group discussions, friendly competition, outings, workshops and mutual interest.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, MikeB, Chris dB, jan, DebbieS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2019 19:00 #6146 by Richard H
Replied by Richard H on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,
on behalf of the committee and I would imagine every member of the club I would like to say "welcome to the group"
I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. You will find that we are a friendly bunch of very mixed ages and capabilities.
As a group we use varied equipment too, probably all camera brands are represented.
Hopefully we can catch up for a chat at the next meeting which should be a great night with print and digital images, the judges coming along are lovely people too
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, Chris dB

More
16 Jul 2019 19:59 #6147 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic New Member Jacqui
ditto Richard, welcome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB

More
17 Jul 2019 11:36 #6149 by KyleaH
Replied by KyleaH on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome. I too am new to the group (and photography in general) this year & can 100% vouch for the variety & friendliness of its members & committee. I'm excited to watch you find your 'niche'. (especially as I'm also on my own niche finding journey) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris dB, JacquelineQ

More
17 Jul 2019 11:36 #6150 by Bear
Replied by Bear on topic New Member Jacqui
Welcome to the club and look forward to seeing your images.
Dennis

More
17 Jul 2019 19:43 #6151 by Chris dB
Replied by Chris dB on topic New Member Jacqui
Welcome Jacqui, please don't be shy to ask for help with anything photography related (or hey, anything at all)

Cheers Chris

More
18 Jul 2019 11:30 #6153 by Alyson
Replied by Alyson on topic New Member Jacqui
Also welcome from me and likewise if you need any help please don’t hesitate to ask.

More
19 Jul 2019 00:05 #6155 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic New Member Jacqui
Welcome Jacque,
I can’t believe I am getting to be one of the ‘old hands’ in the club though I still feel a bit of a novice photography wise. Camera club has challenged me with new topics to photograph and skills to learn, but gifted me with good friends and travel companions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JacquelineQ

More
21 Jul 2019 10:47 #6159 by JacquelineQ
Replied by JacquelineQ on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi All,
Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to being involved with the group and learning some new skills. I am not sure If i will be at the next meeting as I am having surgery. I have submitted some photos for the next meeting, can anyone tell me how i can get the judges feedback and how this scoring thing works (particularly if i am not at the meeting to hear it).. ?

More
21 Jul 2019 12:21 #6162 by Richard H
the judges critique for all of the digital images is posted in the monthly topic section on the forum after clubnight, you will see the critique for everyones images and the awards recieved

More
01 Aug 2019 06:33 #6210 by Denise
Replied by Denise on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi Jacqueline
A little behind on forum watching, but welcome to the club. It's a great photo you posted to share with us.

I'm not too far away, just in Dalyellup. Although most of us have, at one stage or another, been caught up in the web of buying new/better equipment, the word of warning is don't worry about it. There is an old saying that goes along the lines of "the best camera is the one you have with you".

Take the time to learn how to use it better, find out a little more about where you might like to hone your skills (ie genre), ask club members lots of questions (as well as having things we love, we will also be able to you the mistakes we have made). If there are things you are thinking about investing in, ask members for opinions (before buying)

Hope your surgery went well and that you're able to get out and about with your camera. If you need help, want an opinion, meet to a coffee/wine etc, please don't hesitate to give me a call on 0408 882 174

Denise Harrison

More
03 Feb 2020 19:20 #6777 by JacquelineQ
Hi All,

I slacked off a little last year after joining, but am dedicated to learning new things (and my camera) in this new year.

I was wondering if anyone is interested in budding / teaming up to practice together and even get some of the monthly images together? Hoping a small group would be keen to do this so we can learn from each other. I work a FT (office hours) job, but am keen to get out after work or weekends to get some shots with a small group if anyone is keen?

Also, does anyone know where we go to buy our club t-shirts?

Jacqui
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, MikeB

More
03 Feb 2020 22:17 #6778 by KyleaH
Replied by KyleaH on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,

Club shirts are available from ‘Promote You’ on Albert Rd.

I’m always keen to have a shooting buddy so feel free to hit me up for an after 5 snapoff (my mobile # is 0401188930) j
Just shoot me a text.

I’m also happy to bounce ideas off & help out in LR where I can.

Cheers, Kylea
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB, JacquelineQ

More
04 Feb 2020 20:23 #6781 by Richard H
keen for a shoot whenever I can 0466224703
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeB

More
05 Feb 2020 16:00 #6789 by LinaC
Replied by LinaC on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi Jacqui I too am happy to go go and practice, and share information. Happy to help.

More
05 Feb 2020 16:14 #6791 by Jodie D
Replied by Jodie D on topic New Member Jacqui
Hi Jacqui

One suggestion is when you have a shoot / outing in mind and time available post up on the events thread details and those that can and want to come will be able to. If you give a week notice people should be able to see it and get back to you. I’m always keen to go out but time and availability isn’t always on my side
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, MikeB, Chris dB, Richard H, LilengA

More
09 Feb 2020 19:24 #6812 by JacquelineQ
Thank you Jodi :)

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds