× Welcome to the Photography Group of Bunbury forum!

Although some of us know each, we have lots of new members who don't and as this forum is a new addition to our website we are all new to it.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about why you joined the club, the camera or cameras you use, what you use for post processing and what sort of photos you like to take.Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

New Member Dave

More
28 Mar 2020 08:36 #7029 by DavidH
New Member Dave was created by DavidH
Hi all and thanks for allowing me to join this group. I have attended a number of meetings previously as a guest however this year I thought I would up the ante and get more intuitive with the world of photography. There is only so much you can learn from YouTube and looking at others photos on social media, I do have a preference for a F2F interactive medium. I took up photography some 10 years ago but have only in the last 5 years decided to take it off manual and look to develop it as an art. I shoot with a Canon 6D and vary my appetite from landscapes to macro. In fact, only just yesterday a paper was released which included the naming of 2 new species of jumping spiders (Maratus) that I discovered here in the South West. Maratus Azureus and Maratus Noggerup. Personally, I live and work in Bunbury and have done since 2010 after relocating from Kalgoorlie. My work has taken me to all parts of WA, if only I took up the photographic challenge then - Pilbara, Goldfields, Kimberley, Gascoyne and Great Southern. Anyway, until our next meeting, stay inside and stay safe everyone. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bear, JillH, MikeB, Chris dB, lisa_hubbard, BruceW, JulieK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 10:40 - 28 Mar 2020 10:41 #7031 by JillH
Replied by JillH on topic New Member Dave
welcome Dave. No doubt your photography has changed dramatically since turning to manual - I know mine did. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidH

More
28 Mar 2020 11:46 #7038 by Richard H
Replied by Richard H on topic New Member Dave
Great to have you aboard Dave, hopefully it wont be too long before we can get back to some sort of normality

More
28 Mar 2020 13:47 #7042 by Chris dB
Replied by Chris dB on topic New Member Dave
Welcome Dave, I'll look forward to catching up F2F when things get back to normal. In the meantime I shall look forward to seeing some of your critters online.

Cheers Chris

More
31 Mar 2020 09:22 #7054 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic New Member Dave
Welcome Dave

More
31 Mar 2020 15:44 #7059 by LinaC
Replied by LinaC on topic New Member Dave
Welcome aboard Dave!!

More
31 Mar 2020 20:48 #7060 by JulieK
Replied by JulieK on topic New Member Dave
Welcome, Dave!
I'm also a fan of jumping spiders. Well done on your discoveries and helping to enlighten the world about these amazing creatures. Very impressive!
🙂

More
01 Apr 2020 06:34 #7061 by Denise
Replied by Denise on topic New Member Dave
Welcome Dave

Not so much F2F happening, but hopefully we can still be a group that can share our passion for photography and keep in touch with one another in different ways.

To look for the silver lining what better time to explore the back yard and work on refining your macro skills.

Denise Harrison

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds